Pandas Young Preschooler 中二班
2 – 3 years old (Ratio 1:8)
Your toddler/preschooler’s imagination is taking off! Playing make-believe is a traditional hallmark of this age, along with fears about imaginary monsters and more ordinary things such as the dark or the vacuum cleaner. They might have a hard time sorting out fantasy and reality. This is a fantastic age to use puppets and props for telling a story.
Your child will even be able to know and understand the parts and sequence of stories which makes for lots of interactive fun!
Our Pandas are given lots of opportunities for:
- Gross and Fine Motor Development Skills:
- – jumping, running, climbing, and pedaling tricycles in outdoor and indoor spaces. Manual dexterity is improving, seen by coloring, tracing, building with LEGOS/connectors, and completing puzzles.
- Language Acquisition:
- – speech becomes clearer, children can follow multi-step directions. They understand basic nouns, pronouns, and ask many questions. They consistently use 2-3 word phrases.
- – independence is highly valued, children are proud to be able to dress themselves and practice handwashing and basic manners by themselves. Potty training is very effective at this age and in a group setting.
- Socially Interactive and Collaborative:
- – friendships begin to form and children show empathy at this age. We work on helping children regulate and name emotions, which help with problem solving and tantrums. Children participate in small groups, and dramatic play.
- Sensory Play:
- – sensory play moves from exploring with the mouth, to touching and naming new textures. Playdough, water, paint, and touch books are utilized to help children explore different sensations..
- Music and Movement:
- – children remember and sing along with favorite songs, they can also mimic movement. Music and movement are highly exciting at this age.
- We provide parents with a daily report on their child. Diapers and wipes are included in the tuition.