Dolphins Class 大班
(4.5 -5 years old)
Children at this age are developmentally ready for more structured learning and are able to concentrate for longer periods of time. In preparation for kindergarten, we provide students with a solid foundation and a head start. Our small classes allow us to individualize and differentiate lessons for each child for their level.
- Exposure to circle time:
- – learning as a whole class, story time and calendar time.
- Early language acquisition:
- – English: alphabet letters, sounds, sight words and early reading and writing
- – Chinese: following preschool textbook by Ms. Liping Ma 马立平学前班教材, learning rhymes, songs, stories and writing characters with simple strokes
- Numerical competency:
- – learning to write and recognize numbers, simple addition and subtraction
- – exploring scientific tools, observing weather & plants, gardening, cooking, and learning about animals
- Gross motor development skill in our safe and inviting indoor and outdoor spaces. We have an indoor gym and a large outdoor space with a train, climbing frame, and tricycles to ride.
- Music and movement:
- – opportunities to learn to express themselves, use musical instruments, enhance coordination and obtain phonemic awareness through repetition, rhymes and songs.
- Art Lessons:
- – exploring painting, drawing and collage using a variety of materials.
- Spanish Lessons:
- – numbers, colors and basic conversation