Dolphins Classroom 大班
4 – 5 years old (Ratio 1:12)
Children at this age are developmentally ready for more structured learning and are able to concentrate for longer periods of time. In preparation for kindergarten, we provide students with a solid foundation and a head start. Our small classes allow us to individualize and differentiate lessons for each child for their level.
- Exposure to circle time:
- – learning as a whole class, story time and calendar time.
- Early language acquisition:
- – English: alphabet letters, sounds, sight words and early reading and writing
- – Chinese: following preschool textbook by Ms. Liping Ma 马立平学前班教材, learning rhymes, songs, stories and writing characters with simple strokes
- Numerical competency:
- – learning to write and recognize numbers, simple addition and subtraction
- – exploring scientific tools, observing weather & plants, gardening, cooking, and learning about animals
- Gross motor development skill in our safe and inviting indoor and outdoor spaces. We have an indoor gym and a large outdoor space with a train, climbing frame, and tricycles to ride.
- Music and movement:
- – opportunities to learn to express themselves, use musical instruments, enhance coordination and obtain phonemic awareness through repetition, rhymes and songs.
- Art Lessons:
- – exploring painting, drawing and collage using a variety of materials.
- Spanish Lessons:
- – numbers, colors and basic conversation